Monday, January 28, 2008

did you really just assign me tv watching?

I honestly didn’t see many ‘good’ commercials as I was watching TV tonight. You know those commercials that you quote all of the time? The ones you may not remember what they were for, but you remember the commercial. I saw a lot of commercials for shows on the network. (Oh, I was watching Bravo’s Make Me a Supermodel by the way.) And I also saw a lot of movie trailers. One commercial I did see was for the Chrysler Town and Country Minivan. They really played up the technology thing and made it seem that if you had this van you were up to date. I mean the chairs swivel for gosh sakes! Who doesn’t want that! At the end of the commercial it says, “this pick makes the parents almost as smart as their kids.’ And then it shows the bumper sticker on the car that says “Honor Student.” I thought the commercial was pretty clever because all parents want their kids to be honor students and everyone wants to be up on the latest technology. It even appealed to kids because the kids in the commercial were having fun with the seats that moved and the ‘game table’ in the center of the car.

No comments: