Thursday, October 11, 2007

posse ≠ clique

On Wednesday, Maggie, did her presentation on The Posse Foundation. I just thought this was a really interesting organization. It’s interesting because it doesn’t help a large amount of people. It helps about ten kids at a time, make it through high school, and go on to college together. The thing about it though, its effective. These kids that they help really do go on to get good jobs, after they get into a good college and do well no only academically but extracurricularly as well. I liked that she brought up that these kids aren’t brought up together to become a clique, but to be a support system. I think that’s probably why this organization actually works. Support systems help people attain things they wouldn’t think they could otherwise.

1 comment:

해성 said...

Jordan! I see you are behind on your blogs.... anyways.
Yeah, I thought her presentation was very interesting as well. Plus, she looked very preofessional, which was a plus, I thought. I think it's very effective that they work on 10 kids at a time, and that they help people do well in school, instead of just getting them in. Because, you know, it is important to do well in school, and staying in school.