Thursday, October 11, 2007

I think I can, I think I can

Emerson believes that you become self sufficient and successful when you become self- trusted. His ideas are that when you believe in yourself, and think that you can do something, you will be able to attain it. If you think about failure you will fail, but if you think about what you know you can do, and what you are capable of, you are more likely to succeed at more things than before. If you don’t believe in yourself, then who will? Of course there is always someone who cares about you, but does that person who cares also believe in you? Does the fact that they care mean that they automatically believe in you. With Emerson’s ideas, this doesn’t matter. You don’t have to rely on others to believe in you, you have to believe in yourself.

I do agree with Emerson and his idea of self- trust. I think that there isn’t always going to be someone there for you, and you have to help yourself and have faith that you will succeed. I think that believing that you can do it is a big part of succeeding. I also think that just doing this isn’t enough. Its not this easy to just believe and you succeed. It all still boils down to luck and timing and what you are capable of. The believing in yourself just gives you an advantage at finding those moments and getting the timing right.

No comments: