Tuesday, January 27, 2009

are you KIDDING ME HUXLEY? jk. i love him.

Honestly, It really isn’t that bad at all. The reason we think its so bad is because of the way we were raised and what we are taught and the way we allow our human race to develop. We allow ourselves to develop naturally. We do allow our parents to ‘condition’ us if you want to think of being raised as conditioning. If we were conditioned like in Brave New World, nothing would be wrong with the world. There would be a few people once in a while like Bernard, but you just either get rid of them in the embryo stage or exile them to an island.

Especially if the entire world has the same thought process, it just makes it more right. If you can even say more right? The world can’t really be labeled right or wrong I don’t think because it is all based off the way we were raised and our morals. If we were conditioned and whispered things to believe, this brave new world would be perfect.

Now in reality, our reality, right here right now, this truly is a horrifying concept. For us, a people that believes in individuality, and feeling and thinking for yourself, it is a nightmare. Its everything we are told not to believe.

But because I don’t really think the world can be right or wrong, I don’t think either our world or Huxley’s fictional world are right, or good or bad, or evil, or wrong, or lovely.

But the other part I wanted to mention was that whenever Lenina repeats a prethought phrase, and Bernard responds with the amount of times it was repeated and the years it was repeated. I thought it was.. beautiful? Can I say that? Because I think that is the only word that really works.

ALSOOOO. The ending is ANNOYYYYYYING. I understand that things have to play out a certain way to convey the right message, but I kinda felt like it was a cop out. But I know its not so don’t JUMP DOWN MY THROATTTTTT. Okay. See you tomorrow.
Im sure the first thing I will say will be “THIS BOOK IS CREEPER” or something to that effect.

No comments: