Thursday, March 20, 2008

its okay to be a kid

When we were assigned this blog, to write about a piece of art that meant something to us, something we connected with, and something that helped us make sense out of life, I started to look for a piece that were deep and meaningful. I looked for something that I could get a lot out of. I found one. It’s a photograph of a woman looking out of the window. She looks like she is longing for something. I really do love this picture. {} … But, I must say that I was looking through more art to try to se if there was something I liked better, something I connected with more. I found a drawing. I knew I had to use it for my blog. I know that most everyone in the class will find some painting with deep meaning, or a painting that is really famous. You could say that I wasn’t taking this seriously based on the picture, but I am completely serious. This to me, means that it is always okay to be a kid. You don’t have to be serious all of the time. You don’t have to pick the most serious piece of art and explain why its important and analyze why the artist painted it a certain way.
I like to not be serious all of the time.
I picked this drawing, which I swear was in the MOMA, because its something that I love, its something that my family loves and bring us together. Most people know that I am pretty close with my family, so this is something that is small and silly, but really important to me.

1 comment:

Eli said...

Jordan-

I really like the way that you talked about the photograph of the woman who look as if she is longing for something-perhaps the freedom to escape from the meniality of her role of a housewife. But I really appreciate your choosing a picture of Mickey Mouse. It is not the most serious painting, and does not take the deepest analyzing to understand. But Your post shone when you connected it to how it means so much to you through the was it-Disney, I presume-bings your family together.

Good post
Eli